Some first impressions:
- The background parser is great. Having warnings appear when I leave a trailing comma in my object laterals saves me some IE pain.
- Unused variable declarations are also picked up
- Code hinting and autocomplete incorporates your own functions. Autocomplete inside string literals doesn’t, which I miss from Textmate.
- The interface, particular on the Mac, is clunky and slow compared to a native app.
- Writing code feels slower, but there’s less back and forth when testing in browsers.
- NetBeans 6.5 will have a debugger, too